Before relocating to the Bay Area in 2012, Helen rode and trained in Seattle Washington. Helen attended The University of Western Washington from 2009 to 2012. During that time she took advantage of opportunities to train under strong Eventing riders such as Rebecca Howard, Jessica Heidemann, Robin Hahn, Nick Holmes-Smith, Deitrich VonHopfgarten, Kim VonHopfgarten and Jeremy Steinberg.
In 2012, Helen left Seattle to pursue FEI goals in California under the guidance of James Alliston. Helen reached the Two-star level in the fall of 2012 and the Advanced level in the spring of 2013, at which point she and James opened up East Bay Riding Academy. The riding academy aims to give young riders a strong foundation in Eventing.
Helen’s successful 2013 season earned her a qualification for the prestigious Rolex Kentucky four star. In 2014 and 2015, Helen was talent spotted onto the prestigious Eventing 25 Developing Riders program to ride with David O’Connor in the spring training sessions. In 2017 Helen is aiming Ben for two more CCI3* with aims to ride at Rolex in 2018.
- 1st Place Galway Downs CCI2* (November 2017)
2nd Place Woodside International CIC3* (October 2017)
1st Place Woodside International CIC2* (October 2017)
5th Place Twin Rivers Advanced (September 2017)
1st Place Twin Rivers Intermediate (September 2017)
- 2nd Place Woodside Intermediate (August 2017)
- 4th Place Woodside Advanced (May 2017)
- 2nd Place Twin Rivers CCI1* (April 2017)
- 3rd Place Galway Downs Intermediate (March 2017)
- 3rd Place, Galway Downs CIC1* (March 2017)
- 1st Place Woodside Advanced (October 2016)
- 5th Place Twin Rivers Intermediate Area VI Championships (September 2016)
- 2nd Place Woodside Intermediate (August 2016)
- 11th Place Rebecca Farm Intermediate (July 2016)
- 6th & 11th Place Twin Rivers Intermediate (April 2016)
- 4th Place Galway Downs Intermediate (April 2016)
- 5th Place, Fresno County Horse Park Intermediate (November 2015)
- 5th Place, Woodside Intermediate (August 2015)
- 9th Place, Twin Rivers Intermediate (February 2015)